NRL 2020: Manly v Newcastle – Knights overcome injuries to edge out Sea Eagles – NRL.COM

Cherry-Evans returned and 3 minutes later on he darted through unsuspecting forwards to score an easy shot..

Another mistake by Manly– Curtis Sironen not locking into the scrum– resulted in McCullough barging over from dummy-half. It was 8-0 and Manly had not been inside the Knights 20-metre line.

Cherry-Evans informed Foxtel after the video game: “Its irritating not due to the fact that of the call, we just left it too late for them the way we played. Weve got no one to blame there.”.

Manly then safeguarded 4 sets on their line, while making it through a 4-1 charge count versus them, to offer further encouragement..

Edrick Lee enjoys on after his wrist injury.
© Grant Trouville/NRL Photos.

Funa had been flying down the eastern touchline and kicked ahead. It appeared Newcastles Bradman Best had muscled him off the chase. But the NRL Bunkers Jared Maxwell ruled the difficulty was reasonable and the Knights gamers leapt into each others arms.

Seeds of the Knights gallant triumph came midway through the second half when they stood up to a barrage on their line. Best, Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Andrew McCullough pulled off try-saving tackles on Funa, Cherry-Evans, and Brad Parker in quick succession.

Both sides had to reshuffle early. Edrick Lee (left lower arm) left the field with Hoy coming onto the left wing.

Both sides needed to reshuffle early. Edrick Lee (left lower arm) left the field with Hoy coming onto the left wing. Cherry-Evans was sin-binned for impeding Fitzgibbons chase of a Mitchell Pearce kick, which led to the Knights very first points– a Ponga penalty.

Audio of the event reveals he called the referee a “f– ing retard”. Manly coach Des Hasler said Fonua-Blake had apologised for the event after the game.

Jake Trbojevic remonstrates with referee Grant Atkins.
© Grant Trouville/NRL Photos

Funa had actually been flying down the eastern touchline and kicked ahead. It appeared Newcastles Bradman Best had actually muscled him off the chase. The NRL Bunkers Jared Maxwell ruled the challenge was reasonable and the Knights gamers jumped into each others arms.

A “coach-killer” struck with 39 seconds left before the half-time siren, when a Pearce kick was gratefully accepted by Kurt Mann. The Knights headed to the sheds up 14-6.

” Thats a normal decision,” captain Daly Cherry-Evans informed Atkins.

” Well thats your viewpoint,” Atkins replied. He purchased the skipper to send his colleagues away however lost persistence with Fonua-Blake, sending him from the field after the final siren.

It was the 2nd time in the latter phases of the match that Sea Eagles fans believed their group had taken a win over a gallant Knights side.

Newcastle have actually leapt into 4th area while Manly have actually left of the leading 8 after being leapfrogged by the Sharks, who beat them last Sunday.

The Bunker found a Danny Levi knock-on in the contest with Kalyn Ponga before Cherry-Evans scooped up the loose ball.

The Knights were down to 15 males for the full second half, which ended up being 14 when they lost Ponga to a head knock with 13 minutes on the clock.

He stated he didnt think they should have a penalty shot however a charge would have been “level playing field”.

A diminished Knights team handled to hold off Manly 14-12 at Lottoland, when dramatic scenes in the last seconds led to Sea Eagles prop Addin Fonua-Blake being sent out off for dissent.

The Knights were out on their feet but they simply kept turning up. They didnt score in the second half however they provided it their all.

Play had been held up just minutes from half-time, when Sione Matautia was treated for a head knock– his second for the match. He left the field and didnt return.

The fans may have only numbered 2271 due to COVID-19 limitations but they nearly raised the roofing when they believed skipper Cherry-Evans had actually scored the match-winner in the 67th minute by recovering his own kick over fullback Kalyn Ponga.

Fonua-Blake and lock Jake Trbojevic had been arguing with referee Grant Atkins over the decision not to rule a charge try to winger Tevita Funa right on full-time.